The Morwell and Districts Community Recovery Committee continues to meet monthly to advocate for the community following the bushfires and mine fire of February 9, 2014, and the Committee membership continues to grow.
The Committee is provided with administrative support through the Resilience Program at Latrobe City Council. The Resilience Team have been conducting the neighbourhood surveys throughout Morwell, which will help direct the Committee’s future work.
If you have any questions, queries or concerns, please email us via our contact us page.
- Monitor the progress of recovery in the affected community.
- Identify community needs and resources requirements and provide advice to the appropriate agencies.
- Liaise, consult and negotiate on behalf of the affected community.
- Liaise with relevant agencies as required.
- Undertake community recovery activities, including health and wellbeing, recreational, economic development, sporting and social events, as determined by the circumstances and the committee.
Our guiding principles
- Community centred
- Gaining of trust
- Empowerment of people to act
The CRC must be representative of their community, and members able to address a broad range of interests and needs. Membership is through an invitation extended by the current committee, via the elected chairperson.
Meetings are held monthly on the first Thursday of the month.